Chiropractic Treatment for Shoulder Pain
At Oxford Rehabilitation Center in Philadelphia, PA, we have a team of professional and compassionate chiropractors who are ready to treat you and improve the overall quality of your life by leaving you pain-free and with a normal range of motion. One of the most common ailments we treat is shoulder pain, which can be debilitating and make it hard for you to do daily activities.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Getting to the root of your shoulder pain is crucial in mapping out the treatment to undergo, because different causes will respond differently to the various modalities of chiropractic care.
Some common causes of shoulder pain are:
- Tendonitis, which occurs when the rotator cuff in the shoulder gets inflamed, limiting your motion as the tendons and muscles swell.
- Arthritis, which results in painful friction in all your joints, including the shoulders.
- A herniated disc that happens to pinch a nerve that runs into your shoulder.
- Sports injuries that involve serving, catching, and throwing, which may result in torn rotator cuffs.
- Neck injuries like whiplash, which may affect one of the many nerves running from your neck into your arms through your shoulders.
- Spinal stenosis, which may cause pain to radiate into your arms and shoulders over time.
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Our chiropractor will perform a physical exam and look at your medical history to determine the root cause of your shoulder pain. Then, we will create a personalized treatment plan for you using one or a combination of treatment methods. Some of the techniques we use include:
- Electric stimulation to relieve tension and pain in the muscles naturally.
- Chiropractic adjustments, which can increase your range of motion and decrease pain as well as ensure that your clavicle, shoulder, and scapula are all well-aligned.
- Massage therapy will improve your blood flow and promote natural healing in your body.
- Physical therapy, which may include corrective exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles in your shoulder.
- The Graston technique, which is a form of soft tissue therapy that helps heal injured tissues.
Depending on the extent of your injury and pain, the number of treatments necessary will vary. Our chiropractor will determine what methods will work best for your injury or condition. We may also give you exercises to do at home to help with your treatment.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you're suffering from shoulder pain, we can help. At Oxford Rehabilitation Center in Philadelphia, PA, our qualified chiropractors will help you regain full body health, naturally, and without any surgeries. To learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment, call us today.