Work Injury Treatment from our Philadelphia Chiropractor
When your family is depending on you to put food on the table, getting hurt at your Philadelphia job is a nightmarish prospect. Even a casual slip and fall on a wet floor can cause musculoskeletal and neurological damage that forces you to miss work or even risk losing your job -- not to mention leaving you in agonizing pain. That's where Oxford Rehabilitation Center can come to the rescue with a variety of non-invasive treatment techniques.
The Many Types of Work Injuries
When you think of work-related injuries, you may think of high-risk occupations in dangerous environments. But whether they take place in an office, at a construction site, or behind the wheel of a company vehicle, all jobs have one thing in common: the potential for injury. Some of the more common work injury scenarios include:
- Slip and fall injuries - This kind of work injury accident injury can cause painful vertebral and extremity subluxation, leaving you with back pain, rib pain, shoulder pain and other symptoms.
- Lifting injuries - An ill-advised heavy lifting venture can strain your low back muscles, damage your lumbar alignment and cause herniated discs, producing backaches, stiffness, and sciatica.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome - This inflammation of the tissues surrounding the median nerve can interfere with nerve signals to the hand, causing loss of dexterity, numbness, tingling, and hand/arm pain.
- Text neck - This chronic neck pain and stiffness comes from holding your head at an awkward angle to view your smartphone or monitor screen.
- Repetitive motion strain - If you have to perform the same twisting or bending motions over and over, the part of your body doing all the work become overstressed and inflamed.
Safe, Effective Injury Rehabilitation With Our Chiropractor
Place your workplace injury in the reliable hands of our chiropractor, Dr. Cohen. We can administer a functional capacity evaluation to determine how your injury has affected your ability to perform specific tasks and how long it will take you to return to your job. Once we have a clear idea of the nature, location and severity of the injury, we can devise a comprehensive treatment plan featuring safe, effective, non-invasive therapies such as:
- Chiropractic adjustment to restore joint function and relieve nerve or disc issues
- Acupuncture to relieve pain and promote healing
- Physical therapy and aquatic therapy to help you rebuild strength and restore mobility
Call Your Oxford Rehabilitation Center in Philadelphia Today
We're ready to serve as your work injury accident injury experts in Philadelphia -- so don't put off the treatment that can get your body working again. Call 215-725-2000 today! We are conveniently located at 6735 Harbison Ave, Philadelphia, PA.