Experience Quality Sports Injury Treatment at the Oxford Rehabilitation Center in Philadelphia, PA
If you're an athlete looking for natural treatment of a sports injury, stop by the Oxford Rehabilitation Center. Our multidisciplinary team in Philadelphia, PA believes that individualized holistic healing can be extremely beneficial for athletes of all ages and experiences.
Common Types of Sports Injury
Any type of physical exercise comes with at least some degree of risk for injury. The following types of sports injuries are the ones seen most often by our Philadelphia chiropractor:
- Whiplash: we see this among athletes involved in contact sports; it's a neck pain syndrome caused by quick forward and backward bending of the cervical spine
- Tennis Elbow & Golfer's Elbow: lateral and medial epicondylitis occurs due to frequent bending/extending of the wrist and elbow
- Runner's Knee: pain on the front of the knee due to cartilage wear down in the patella
- Connective tissue injuries: tendonitis, muscle strains, ligament sprains, and bursitis are all associated with pain, tenderness, swelling, and redness, and can cause scarring and weakness in the long run
How Our Chiropractor Treats Sports Injury
Are there any hidden strength or flexibility imbalances that are causing an area of your body to be weak and more at risk for injury? Do you have inadequate rest and recovery, poor nutrition and hydration, or improper technique? Do you overtrain or were involved in a sports accident? All of these questions must be answered to avoid recurring problems.
We also help you reduce pain, swelling, inflammation, and weakness through techniques such as chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy exercises and stretches, massage, acupuncture, Kinesio tape, ultrasound, and gravity-reduced aquatic therapy.
Going Beyond Sports Injury Treatment: Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Athletes
Whether you're just learning a new sport or an experienced athlete with years of training, realize that an injury can occur at any time. And while chiropractic care can help you recover from a sports injury, this type of holistic approach can do so much more!
Here are a few benefits our athletic patients enjoy when coming to our clinic:
- We give you unique insights into your hidden imbalances so you can avoid new or recurring injuries and truly maximize your athletic potential.
- We provide specialty services including the Functional Capacity Evaluation to help you determine when you can return to play.
- You'll also get access to our state-of-the-art fitness center so you can work on your athletic performance with convenience.
Ready to Get Back to Work? Let Our Sports Injury Chiropractor & Team Help You Heal Naturally!
To schedule an appointment with sports injury chiropractor Dr. Marc C. Cohen or to meet the rest of our team at Oxford Rehabilitation Center, contact us at 215-725-2000.