Get Your Work Injury FAQs Answered With Our Philadelphia Chiropractic Team at Oxford Rehabilitation Center
At the Oxford Rehabilitation Center, our multidisciplinary team, led by Philadelphia chiropractor Dr. Marc C. Cohen, truly enjoys helping people recover from their work injuries so they can get back to the jobs they love. We ask any hardworking local to connect with us in the event of an acute or chronic condition!
What Are The Most Common Types of Work Injury?
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: numbness and pain in the fingers caused by compression of the median nerve in the wrist (often seen in typists)
- Tech neck: soreness and stiffness in the neck (with or without additional symptoms) common after the prolonged computer or smartphone use
- Whiplash: a syndrome caused by rapid "whip-like" movement of the neck after a fall or auto accident; this can cause headaches, jaw pain, shoulder pain, and neck stiffness and soreness
- Back pain: can be caused by disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, joint subluxations, and more
- Muscle strains, tendonitis, and other soft tissue injuries: we see it often in the rotator cuff, elbow, back, hips, and feet (including desk workers and physical laborers)
- Sciatica: buttocks and leg pain caused by compression of the sciatic nerve in the low back
What Causes Work Injuries?
A work injury can occur due to factors like poor posture, slips and falls, heavy lifting, repetitive movement, excessive sitting or standing, poor ergonomics, and more.
Why Should I See a Chiropractor if I Have a Work Injury?
The holistic rehabilitative services we offer are ideal for someone suffering from a work injury, because they are drug-free, have minimal downtime, and come with minimal to no risk of side effects. Our techniques include:
- Adjustments, which realign spinal and extremity joints, trigger natural pain relief and enhance whole body healing
- Corrective exercises, which can improve core stability and endurance
- Acupuncture (from our licensed acupuncturist and physical therapist Dr. Wang), which alleviates tension in the body and triggering neurochemical healing changes
- Aquatic therapy, which allows you to gradually re-introduce functional movements in a gravity-eliminated environment
- Ultrasound, which uses non-invasive sound waves to reduce spasms, trigger pain relief, facilitate tissue healing, and increase local blood flow to injured areas
- Functional Capacity Evaluations, which provide objective data to show you and your employer when it's safe for you to return to work
Is Your Job Performance Hurting Due to an Injury? Connect With Our Chiropractor At Oxford Rehabilitation Center in Philadelphia, PA Today for Natural Healing Solutions!
Contact Oxford Rehabilitation Center now at 215-725-2000 to schedule an appointment, and be sure to ask us about our current exclusive offers. We're here to help you get back to work feeling better than ever!