Choosing a chiropractor who you trust and can always depend on to give you the kind of exceptional, personalized attention you need begins with the basics–educational background, licensure and experience. To be eligible for providing chiropractic services in Connecticut, a chiropractor must have:
- Graduated from a chiropractic college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education
- Completed parts one through four and the physiotherapy examination given by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Part IV tests prospective chiropractors in diagnostic imaging, case management and chiropractic techniques. Results of this part of the exam can be used by Connecticut licensing authorities in place of other practical tests for licensure.
Chiropractors owning licensure from other states are eligible to practice in Connecticut as long as they meet state requirements.
Other Things to Consider When Choosing a Chiropractor
- Does the chiropractor specialize in treating your unique health problems?
- Does the chiropractor make you feel at ease and comfortable?
- Does the chiropractor seem to genuinely care about what you have to say?
- Are you questions being answered completely? Is the chiropractor helpful in understanding medical terms?
- Is the office staff courteous and ready to assist you?
- Do you feel like the chiropractor is spending enough time with you or does it feel like you are being “rushed” through your appointment?
What Kind of Services Can a Chiropractor Offer?
Chiropractors not only use effective, holistic treatments to eliminate back and neck pain but also provide expert assistance regarding nutritional counseling, weight loss programs, postural/spinal screenings and recuperative physical therapy.
At Advanced Back & Neck Care Center, our chiropractors and naturopathic physicians provide all these treatments and more, in addition to numerous, advanced physiotherapy procedures:
- Inferential electrical muscle stimulation
- Mechanical traction
- Microamperage neural stimulation
- Paraffin bath
- Moist heat therapy
Our doctors also offer lifestyle advice for patients seeking professional recommendations about activities they should avoid or perform differently to prevent aggravating certain health issues.
Contact our office today for a private consultation with one of our experienced, caring chiropractors and begin receiving treatment tomorrow.