Whiplash and Chiropractic Care in Philadelphia PA
Whiplash can make ordinary life difficult. Patients who experience whiplash may find doing chores, sleeping comfortably and participating in physical activities to be challenging. Knowing what whiplash is and what you can do to recover from this condition can help you get the treatment you need after an accident. At Oxford Rehabilitation Center in Philadelphia PA, we help patients diagnose their whiplash and get treatment for their condition using all natural techniques.
Whiplash Causes and Symptoms
Whiplash occurs when the head is jerked forward and then backward very suddenly, like what happens to the passengers of a car that has been hit from behind. When this happens, the muscles and ligaments in the neck may develop tiny tears that can cause pain and discomfort for the patient.
The symptoms of whiplash are subtle and may not always seem related. This can make it hard for many people who have whiplash to identify their condition. People who experience whiplash commonly experience the following symptoms:
- Stiff muscles
- Limited mobility
- Pain in the neck, shoulders and back
Chiropractic Treatment for Whiplash
The primary treatment for whiplash is spinal adjustment. Chiropractors use this technique to restore balance to the spine. Spinal adjustment facilitates good communication between the brain and the rest of the body, which helps the body heal itself. Spinal adjustment can also help loosen tight muscles and relieve pressure on the joints and muscles. This technique makes it possible for the body to function as it is meant to function.
In addition to spinal adjustment, we use a variety of other techniques to help the body heal, including:
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that we use to improve circulation, speed the healing process and improve quality of life for the patient.
- Lifestyle advice. We help patients identify changes they can make to their lifestyle and daily routines to prevent further injury and help the body heal.
- Stretches and exercise. We teach patients to do therapeutic stretches and exercises that can help them loosen their muscles, improve range of motion and build coordination after an accident occurs.
- Nutrition counseling. Our nutrition counseling services can help patients control their weight and keep up their energy for exercises and rehabilitation.
See a Chiropractor After An Auto Accident
Whiplash is a condition that may take days or even weeks to manifest. Many people who have whiplash will live with this condition for a long time before realizing that they’ve been injured. Seeking treatment after an accident, even if you have no recognizable symptoms, can help you get the treatment you need when you need it.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Philadelphia
If you have recently been involved in an accident, your chiropractor can diagnose your condition and recommend treatment. To find out more or get started with your treatment today, contact Oxford Rehabilitation Center at 215-725-2000.