The shoulder joint is supported by surrounding tendons, muscles, and ligaments that are susceptible to injury. We often treat patients suffering from shoulder pain caused by daily activities. Don’t let shoulder pain disrupt your daily life. Our team at Oxford Rehabilitation Center is ready to help patients in and around the Philadelphia area suffering from you live a pain-free life using our professional chiropractic services.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain emanates from the injury of one or more parts of the shoulder. An injury to the shoulder’s ligaments, tendons, muscles, or bones is likely to cause pain and restricted mobility. The common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Trauma, causing dislocation or injury to the shoulder
- Chronic overuse
- Medical conditions like osteoarthritis, tendinitis, and rotator cuff tears
- Frozen shoulder, leading to shoulder stiffness
Sometimes, shoulder pain can occur when pain radiates from other parts of the body like the neck and lower back.
What Are the Symptoms of Shoulder Pain?
Patients experiencing shoulder pain often can’t move their shoulder within its full range of motion. As a result, these patients have difficulty performing primary duties like wearing clothes, sleeping on one side, typing, and lifting small loads. Pain in the shoulder can be sharp or dull, but sometimes it can lead to numbness or tingling in the arm or hand.
How Does a Chiropractor Help with Shoulder Pain Relief?
The best part about chiropractic treatment is that it’s natural, eliminating the need for painkillers or invasive procedures. When you visit our Philadelphia clinic, our chiropractors will use one or a combination of techniques for your shoulder pain management, including:
- Chiropractic adjustment: Realigns spinal and shoulder joints to restore range of motion and reduce pain.
- Massage therapy: Reduces muscle tension and promotes blood circulation, triggering natural healing.
- Chiropractic exercises: Helps to rebuild your shoulder muscles to minimize the chances of future injuries.
- Lifestyle counseling: Identifies factors like poor posture and work-related activities that may trigger shoulder pain.
Contact Us for Shoulder Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractors in Philadelphia, PA
If you are experiencing shoulder pain, schedule an appointment with Oxford Rehabilitation Center. Our chiropractors can create a treatment plan to relieve pain and improve your range of motion. Contact us today to learn more about how our Philadelphia office can help you live pain-free.