Shoulder Pain Relief from Our Philadelphia Chiropractor
Shoulder pain isn’t simply uncomfortable. It also limits your ability to use your arms and upper body, especially if inflammation or injury reduces your range of motion or weakens the muscles around your shoulders. At Oxford Rehabilitation Center in Philadelphia, we know your shoulders are important joints, and shoulder pain can cause or point to problems elsewhere in your body. If you have shoulder pain, you need a solution that actually addresses the source of your symptoms, rather than covering them up while the problem lingers.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
It’s important for our Philadelphia chiropractor to know exactly what’s causing your shoulder pain, because that makes it much easier to locate the injury and help your whole body heal. Every patient with shoulder pain is unique, but some conditions are more common than others. We have years of experience treating these common causes of shoulder pain in Philadelphia:
- Herniated Disc – Slipped or herniated discs cause painful friction in the spinal column, but they may also pinch or put pressure on a nerve that runs into your shoulders
- Tendonitis – Each rotator cuff – the tendons and muscles that keep your shoulder connected to your upper arm – is vulnerable to abnormal swelling and inflammation
- Sports Injury – If you play a sport that involves throwing, catching, serving, or other shoulder movements, you may tear your rotator cuff due to sudden overextension or gradual overuse
- Neck Injury – Six of the eight nerve roots in your neck run through your shoulders, so whiplash and other cervical spine injuries often cause pinching and shoulder pain
- Arthritis – Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other types of arthritis may affect your shoulder joints, resulting in painful friction that limits function
- Fibromyalgia – This chronic pain condition affects every part of the body, including the shoulders, which bear a lot of weight and tension
- Spinal Stenosis – If your spinal cord is compressed by a narrowing spinal column, pain may radiate into your shoulders and arms over time
Whether or not your shoulder pain is linked to one of these diagnoses, we will do our best to reduce inflammation, alleviate pressure on your nerves and tissue, and restore full use of your shoulder.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
At Oxford Rehabilitation Center, our treatments are always customized for your specific shoulder injury or condition. Chiropractic care is non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical, and designed to treat pain at its source instead of covering it up. Chiropractic care will also help improve your overall wellness, from encouraging healthier habits to restoring the natural balance of your body to prevent future pain.
Our Treatments for Shoulder Pain in Philadelphia
Our Philadelphia chiropractor, Dr. Marc C. Cohen, works with a diverse team of health and wellness professionals to provide all-natural treatments that promote long-term healing and pain relief. While our rehabilitation and therapy teams can help you regain strength and function as an injury heals, our chiropractor uses hands-on techniques to release tension, correct imbalance and inflammation, and stimulate your body’s natural healing process in the first place. Our chiropractic services for shoulder pain relief include spinal adjustments, nutritional counseling, and corrective exercises.
Make an Appointment with Our Philadelphia Chiropractor
Are you living with shoulder pain in Philadelphia? Call Oxford Rehabilitation Center today to request an appointment with our chiropractor. We’ll do our best to accommodate your schedule, because shoulder pain, weakness, and reduced mobility can seriously interfere with your quality of life. Dial 215-725-2000 or fill out our online form to schedule a chiropractic evaluation with our Philadelphia chiropractor.