Back Pain and Low Back Pain Treatment From Your Chiropractor in Philadelphia
Back pain and low back pain are common conditions among adults in Philadelphia. At Oxford Rehabilitation Center, we use a combination of chiropractic care and physical therapy to treat back pain.
Causes of Back Pain
There are many reasons that people experience back pain in Philadelphia. Some of the most common causes of back pain include:
- Herniated disc. A herniated disc is a damaged disc found between the vertebrae of the spine.
- Injuries from lifting and twisting. Improperly lifting and twisting can cause strain on the muscles of the back, leading to low back pain.
- Ergonomic trouble. Sitting at a desk incorrectly or performing repetitive tasks under poor ergonomic conditions can lead to chronic back pain.
- Stress. Stress causes the muscles to become tense, which can lead to pain in the back, shoulders, neck and in other parts of the body.
- Poor posture. Poor posture can put strain on the muscles and joints in the back.
Benefits of Chiropractic Back Pain Treatment
There are many reasons to see a chiropractor for treatment of back pain! Some of the most common benefits of seeing the Philadelphia chiropractor for back pain include:
- No medications. Chiropractors help patients manage pain without prescribing pain medications.
- Treat pain at its source. Chiropractic techniques help patients by treating the pain at its source, rather than masking the pain. In this way, chiropractic care offers a long-term solution to pain.
- Live healthier. Chiropractors focus on helping patients live healthier lives overall. Over time, your chiropractor can improve your quality of life.
Services Offered by Your Philadelphia Chiropractor
As your chiropractor in Philadelphia, we offer a variety of chiropractic treatments that can help you manage your back pain and heal from your injuries. Some of the services we offer to patients experiencing back pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractic adjustment is a technique we use to realign the spine and reduce pressure on the vertebrae. Chiropractic adjustment also encourages the body to heal and helps reduce patient pain.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapy helps patients recover from injuries. Using stretches and exercises, we help patients strengthen their muscles and regain control over their bodies.
- Lifestyle advice. We help patients make smart lifestyle decisions that can prevent future injuries while helping them to recover from their current conditions.
- Nutritional advice. Being overweight can also lead to back pain by putting stress on the joints and muscles in the back. We help patients manage their back pain by improving their diet and losing weight.
Contact Your Philadelphia Chiropractor
If you experience back pain in Philadelphia, don’t wait another day to seek treatment. We help patients manage their pain and chronic conditions. Whether you have back pain intermittently or persistently, we can help. Our all natural, gentle techniques are non-invasive and medication-free, so you can make your recovery without interfering with everyday life. To make an appointment, contact us today at 215-725-2000.